To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
What you’ll be doing…
As the Strategic Business Development Director, Public Sector Canada, you'll be responsible for leading Tableau’s efforts to increase customer awareness, shape and influence the acquisition of Tableau products and services within the Public Sector segment. You will work with the account management and partner teams and will be responsible for designing and implementing go to market strategies, scaling the business development acumen within the sales culture, and building out multi-year pipelines for Tableau’s DoD business. You’ll also develop and manage acquisition and proposal strategy, working with proposal and contract management resources to influence, respond to, and win various RFX (e.g., RFI/RFQ/RFP/BAAs) for customers and Tableau partners. Finally, you’ll be a customer advocate at heart, deeply understanding our customers’ missions and challenges and helping Tableau and its partners to align around our customers’ needs.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Develop and implement multi-year go to market strategies working with the Federal account teams.
- Build robust, multi-year pipelines of Tableau opportunities within Canada's Public Sector through direct interactions with existing and prospective customers, as well as through a wide range of industry forums and procurement resources.
- Design and implement capture plans for specific opportunities to include partner strategies, acquisition approach, and proposal solutions
- Rapidly and successfully close business and build out vital processes and procedures to optimize speed and scale.
- Maintain deep understanding of Tableau’s platform and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs.
- Serve as a thought leader with respect to program pursuit, proposal responses, win themes, ROI/TCO analyses, technical discriminators, innovative business solutions (including cloud-based implementations), and pricing.
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Who you are…
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in public sector strategic business development and/or capture roles (minimum of 3 years’ focus within the Public sector) with proven record of developing and winning large programs for technology focused contractors. Ability to obtain and maintain relevant personnel security clearances. Knowledgeable about government procurement guidelines, processes, and common government contracting vehicles.
. Ability to communicate effectively across the experience / management spectrum, translate between technical and non-technical teams, and can empathetically communicate a customer’s needs to internal Tableau teams.
Ability to understand and translate customer problems into opportunities for Tableau and its partners to assist with.
Energy and Enthusiasm.
Demonstrated creativity with customer engagement and problem solving.
You are a Recruiter!
Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.