To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Have you mastered the balance between creativity and technology? Do you want to be part of a company that is changing the way software is developed and used? The IT Salesforce Digital Systems Engineer is accountable for a line of business support on complex Salesforce implementations. The Systems Engineer will be the primary technical and process expert in their service area and will work in partnership with developers, business stakeholders, and other technology teams that impact their end-to-end business process area of expertise. Daily activities will include but are not limited to, resolving technical and functional applications issues, performing trend analysis and identifying enhancements to reduce support requests, and partnering with development teams to improve the design of new functionality. The successful candidate must be agile and able to manage multiple priorities.Responsibilities:
- As a part of the Enterprise Operations team, partner with engineers across the digital organization to discover new public cloud substrates, deploy initial access management in new public cloud environments, and develop patterns enabling other Digital teams to deploy services into Salesforce’s cloud infrastructure.
- Support our mission critical Heroku cloud infrastructure that host Salesforce websites and the custom services that integrate into it to form the core revenue generating framework.
- Identify gaps and conflicts in existing processes and develop solutions to help automate and scale the infrastructure.
- Automate, deploy, monitor the infrastructure and applications on our Heroku cloud infrastructure.
- Resolve complex technical (Micro-front-ends, CDN routing, Node-based application) issues and drive innovation.a
- Generate technical specifications/documentation. Drive innovation & coordinate automation initiatives across teams.
- A commitment to Operational Excellence and best practices including change management. We’ll want your opinions on operational processes, DevOps, deployment checklists, and QA.
- BS/BEng/BTech degree, or equivalent work experience
- 8 plus years Experience deploying and operating infrastructure at scale
- Hands-on experience working and configuration of CDN services (e.g. Akamai)
- Hands-on experience with identity and access management in AWS/Azure/GCP
- Hands-on automation experience with AWS/Azure/GCP cloud providers.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code/config management tools: Eg. Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar cloud-based production workload management tools
- Experience managing code through source control, CI/CD pipelines, Git/Github, CircleCI, Jenkins
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring tools such as New Relic, Splunk, Nagios
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in automation and scripting and strong application debugging skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a production support environment and ability to work flexibly and appropriate trade-offs to meet time constraints
- Experience administrating WordPress or similar CMS platforms.
- Understanding of AuthN/AuthZ architectures and specifications (e.g., OAuth, SSO)
- Knowledge of Linux OS internals
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Codecommit in AWS would be beneficial
- Experience with service offerings from major cloud providers (AWS/GCP/Azure), and on-premise/cloud hybrid architectures
- Knowledge of Networking protocols
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.