To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
The Office of Ethical and Humane Use (OEHU) was formed with a mandate to ensure that Salesforce technology is used to help, not harm, society and uphold the basic human rights of every human being.
OEHU is seeking a Senior Manger/ Director to play a pivotal role in the development of product policies around the Ethical and Humane Use of Salesforce Technology and serve as the EMEA lead for our Office. Working together with the Chief Ethical and Humane Use Officer and policy team, they will deliver policy recommendations and implementation strategies across Salesforce products that shape the use of our technology in alignment with Salesforce’s ethical use principles.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the potential societal repercussions of emerging technologies and familiarity with principles that can be used to govern and resolve related ethical issues. You will engage regional stakeholders to capture and integrate a wide range of perspectives into our policy making process The candidate will have strong research experience and analytical skills to gather facts, assess patterns and recommend a path forward. You will work with Legal, Product, and Security teams to implement solutions to assure our technology is used for good.
- Incorporate research and stakeholder expertise to craft new and/or update existing policies that focus on the ethical and humane use of Salesforce technologies.
- Act as a regional point of contact for the Office of Ethical and Humane Use and maintain close working relationships with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure alignment in applying policy principles and addressing ethical risk in international markets.
- Coordinate with Global Strategy teams to identify and assess ethical product use in international markets.
- Collaborate with Product teams to craft product-specific policy applications.
- Conduct investigations, enforce our product policies, and identify product vulnerabilities and ethical risks.
- Stay informed about the dynamic global regulatory landscape, industry trends, and internal operations. Help Ethical and Humane Use team quickly make sense of large volumes of information to determine how global events may impact the use of Salesforce’s platform and its customers.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Trust & Safety, Policy, Tech Ethics or similar roles in a technology company.
- Experience working on topics across diverse international markets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities.
- Demonstrated cross-functional team influence.
- Strong analytical ability- able to take a complex problem, synthesize detailed information from multiple sources, and construct nuanced top-line recommendations on the path forward. Ability to consider an issue from multiple points of view and weigh the merits of all perspectives.
- Strong communication skills- comfortable presenting ideas to diverse teams and individuals in multiple formats, from slide decks, memos, to informal chats. You know that a huge part of communication is listening and making sure others feel heard.
- Policy writing experience- ability to assess the pros and cons of various policy options and their potential unintended effects and pitfalls.
- Strong understanding of the ethical challenges related to diverse communities in interacting with technology.
- Project management experience- Measurable success in running complex programs from conception to completion. Ability to manage multiple competing projects and maintain high degree of organization.
- Fluency in English and other European languages.
- Strong awareness of geopolitical landscape.
- If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.