To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce is embarking on our own Digital Transformation to deliver customer success for our customers and accelerate our growth. A key target of this transformation is our advertising technology stack and paid media intelligence. We’re looking for someone to define and lead Adtech strategy in order to drive global consistency, adoption and unified data for Salesforce’s global paid media.
This individual will bring deep expertise in GMP solutions and have extensive experience managing the global deployment of tech stacks for paid media campaigns. This individual will also lead strategic integration of paid media with other Martech solutions such as CDPs and site analytics. Success in this role requires a strong understanding of the tag management systems, measurement, audience targeting and programmatic media buying. This role will oversee the strategy and governance of our global advertising tech stack, including global taxonomies and tagging integrations. This role will work closely with analytics teams to ensure our taxonomies align with the overall data model and provide a data set for advanced analytics. Additionally, this individual will partner with paid media activation teams internally and externally to ensure best in class utilization, monitoring and optimization of our global campaigns.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working within the Google paid media stack and driving an overall strategy for tracking brand-safe delivery of campaigns and conversions across the consumer journey. She/he must also possess a strong understanding of data, tracking and verification partners, as well as evolving privacy compliance across regions. This includes managing the relationships with key partners such as G-tech partners, 3rd party media delivery partners, agency partners and Salesforce teams. This role will partner with key media and creative stakeholders to operationalize our tech stack across media planning, activation and optimizations.
The right candidate brings deep business understanding on the value of paid media data and bidding algorithms along with the technical expertise required to deliver a world class implementation of AdTech platforms. This candidate has a deep background in the paid media space and understands the cutting edge applications of media data and advertising technology. This candidate is able to translate desired business insight outcomes from marketing and customer teams into activation, tagging and taxonomy strategies.
- Drive the overall strategy and governance for our paid media tech stack, including implementation, standards for pixel/tag generation, custom floodlights and quality assurance
- Partner with internal and external media teams to ensure global consistency and optimal tech implementations
- Maximize adoption of unified ad server and data capture across all regions and campaigns
- Drive the media partners and technologies to activate and measure online and/or mobile advertising operations: ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, HTML, XML, and ad verification partners
- Design and develop the taxonomy structure to drive best in class analytical data science products, performance reporting, and paid media intelligence to support effective campaign execution and optimization. This includes dashboards developed in Datorama, Tableau, and similar systems for paid media teams.
- Be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the company and coordinating with working teams.
- Develop the approach and train teams to ensure proper deployment and data capture
- BA or Master’s in Technology (computer science, computer engineering, economics, applied math, statistics, engineering or other quantitative field)
- 10+ years experience in a combination of paid media planning, programmatic and ad-ops/platform logistics, preferably media agency background
- 5+ years experience managing global ad serving and audience platforms for Fortune 500 brands. Must have experience managing campaigns ops in CM360/DV360/SA360 and integration with GA360 for paid media campaign intelligence across multiple countries, regions, and business units for annualized media budgets of $100M+
- Experience managing portfolio brand engagements in advertising technologies (i.e. Google stack: CM/DV/SA/GA360, BigQuery, GTM, DoubleClick; Tag and Data Management: TMS, DMP/CDP platforms; Adservers: CM360, Sizmek)
- Must have practical, hands on knowledge and ability to design and manage a world class implementation of delivery, performance and optimization solutions
- Highly organized and ability to guide teams to implement best in class advertising operations.
- Broad understanding of digital marketing analytics and the role of digital analytics and ad tech platforms in evaluating the performance of campaigns, events, paid media, e-commerce, social media, etc.
- Deep understanding of the advertising data landscape and the application of analytics techniques and partners to drive enhanced campaign performance and ROI. This includes using 1st party data for ad targeting, building look-a-like models, custom ad bidding strategies, campaign attribution and ad server data collection.
- Extensive experience deploying media verification partners for fraud, viewability, attention and other media quality applications
- Understanding of governmental privacy regulations on the collection and use of customer data (such a GDPR and CCPA) and how this impacts advertising data collection and targeting.
- Advanced Salesforce product knowledge a plus.
- B2B customer data experience a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.