To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
At Salesforce, we’re all about blazing trails and our tech is easy to learn! Whether you're already a part of our ecosystem, a whiz in a different technology or simply a fast-learner looking for a new challenge, if you think you'd make a great Solution Engineer, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Our Business Services team look after a range of companies in the Consulting, Legal, Recruitment, Real Estate, Facilities Management and other Professional Services sectors. We're looking for candidates interested in these Industries who have a passion for problem-solving, a thirst for knowledge and a knack for storytelling.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are inspired by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world.
What is a Solution Engineer?
The Solution Engineer is the trusted advisor to our customers and a key partner to our sales teams.
Also known as a "Presales Consultant," "Sales Consultant," or “Sales Engineer” the Solution Engineer is responsible for leading the solutioning throughout the sales cycle and delivering thought leadership to companies to transform their customer’s experience. The Solution Engineer works alongside their colleagues, participates in building our team culture and supports their aligned sales team to create the best solution for prospects and customers. Great solution engineers have a strong desire to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable recommendations.
What does a Business Services Solution Engineer do?
What do we look for in a Business Services Solution Engineer?
- Seek to understand the challenges and objectives of customers in-depth, combining research, questioning and consulting approaches to gather and understand information.
- Develop and deliver innovative solutions to key decision makers to address their challenges and objectives, articulating business value.
- Coordinate and lead the solution cycle through close collaboration with other high-performing teams.
- Utilise Industry thought-leadership to craft points of view and solutions to help your customers excel in their market.
- Clearly articulate the benefits and differentiators of Salesforce to customers at all levels, examples include; Administration/IT Staff, managers and "C" level executives.
- Present compelling Salesforce & partner solutions while supporting relationships with customers and partners.
- Incorporate learning into the day-to-day.
- Curiosity, an inquisitive nature and self-driven motivation to learn. Problem-solvers needed!
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- A fondness for experimentation and the courage to deliver and iterate.
- Good at explaining ideas and finding ways to keep people’s attention - the ability to craft an engaging narrative; tell a great story.
- Prioritisation and time-management skills; the ability to organise workload and schedule amid shifting priorities.
- Passion for technology and its ability to improve business outcomes:
- Technology experience, education or independent study - SE’s don’t have to be deeply technical, but must be very comfortable with our platform or able to learn it quickly.
- Ability to articulate how a solution delivers business value and drives specific objectives.
- Ability to lead a project team to action, be part of an effective team as well as operate independently; recognising which environments are optimal for you to succeed and co-creating those with your peers and leaders.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally.
- A strong interest in self-growth and promoting the growth and development of others.
- Industry knowledge across one of these sectors would be advantageous - Accounting, Consulting, Legal, Construction, Real Estate and Recruitment
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.