To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
What is a Solution Engineer?
Also known as a " Pre -Sales Engineer" or "Sales Consultant," the Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting product offerings and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in company’s technology infrastructure, and to remove all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.Solution Engineer - Service Cloud
The Service Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting our Service and Support product offerings to prospects and customers based on a customer's specific business requirements. The primary goal of our team is to use our customer service expertise to become trusted advisors and highlight how our products can solve their customer service challenges and how our products will provide a return on their investment.
You'll be expected to analyze the service needs and requirements through deep discovery, use your service experience to recommend a solution, discuss industry best practices to improve their business processes, and ultimately make the customer confident that a partnership with Salesforce is right for their business.
- Evangelize Service Cloud value to customers (including C- level execs and IT) and field teams
- Assess business and operations impacted by technology
- Deliver findings including key pain points, proposed solutions to meet business needs, and ROI where applicable
- Contribute to development of technical sales strategy
- Configure and demonstrate visionary solutions in a way that closely reflects each customer's business (tailored demonstrations)
- Discuss and propose solution architecture that includes omni-channel call center infrastructure, CTI, and workforce management.
- Execute enablement activities (Webinars, Best Practices, Knowledge Share, etc.)
- Collaborate with Field Service Management Sales and Solution Engineering teams, Service Cloud Account Executives, and Product Management to deliver the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with the customer.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with PreSales and Services Industry.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Customer Service, Contact Centers, or Field Service industries is a plus
- Understanding of the Salesforce product suite and platform
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database and web technology
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web based technologies is an advantage. Workflow / BPM / integration experience
- Some domestic travel is required
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.