To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
We provide a Service Mesh solution at Salesforce, which acts as a dedicated infrastructure layer that you can add to applications that are built as a collection of microservices. It transparently adds capabilities like observability, traffic management, and security for the applications.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our team. We have no shortage of hard problems and challenges. The ideal candidate is flexible, possesses broad skills across software development and product operations, and flourishes in a fast-paced and challenging environment. They should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Contribute to open source technologies - Istio, Envoy, Argo Rollouts.
- Mature and scale Istio based service mesh solution
- Design and implement new technologies and features to support our fast growing user base
- Deploy, upgrade, operate/maintain, and scale our suite of mission critical products and services
- Closely collaborate with other engineers to create highly operable and maintainable products
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Provide end-user support to engineering for products
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems/IT or engineering
- 3+ years of programming experience, particularly in Go and/or Java
- 3+ years of experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other similar technologies
- Automation skills in Bash, Python, and/or other languages
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $ 98,900 for a Software Engineer. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
- Experience with service mesh related technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Strong networking knowledge of TCP/IP
- Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.