To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Tableau Online is a SaaS visual analytics product and the most rapidly growing business in Tableau, doubling in size in 2019. Cloud Engineering is a lean group charged with scaling Tableau Online and how we operate it to meet this demand. As Software Engineering SMTS (Senior Member of Technical Staff) of the Pod Infrastructure Team, you will be working to ensure Tableau Online can meet its growth goals by building scalable, secure and cost-effective infrastructure. You will also be building deployment infrastructure that allows repeatable and reliable deployments at scale for Tableau Online.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
Who you are…
- Provide technical leadership at a component or service scope.
- Lead projects by guiding team members and working with product managers to ship on-time and with high quality.
- Guiding the team to a high quality in engineering practices in terms of technical design, code reviews, testing methodologies and root cause analysis.
- Design and develop robust services and tools that run securely, are scalable and cost-effective against private and public cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS.
- Automate infrastructure and application deployments on private and public clouds (preferred: AWS).
- Deploy and maintain server-side applications and services on AWS development and production environments.
- Evaluate existing processes and tools and implement changes for better efficiency.
- Participate in the evolution of the system architecture.
- Participate in the design and improvement of our development practices.
- Experienced. You have 5 or more years of industry (non-intern) experience coding commercial software and a passion for solving complex problems. 3+ years of experience of using Java/Python to build highly reliable software and services. 2+ years of experience in infrastructure automation using Terraform, Puppet and Packer. Familiarity with deployment and release management technologies like Octopus Deploy or Spinnaker. Experienced in leading projects across development teams, particularly using Agile methodologies. At least a year with hands-on AWS experience.
- Educated: BSCS or equivalent
- Technical . You're fluent in commonly used design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality. You're familiar with services and different service-oriented architectures. You can quickly see and understand architecture and where your team fits in. You have a keen eye for quality and is a strong advocate for engineering excellence.
- DevOps Mindset. You are familiar with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts. You treat operational issues as if they are software problems. You view software as a primary tool to manage, maintain, fix, and extend systems required to support large development environments. You promote operational excellence!
- A True Team Player . You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
- Customer Advocate . You understand customer requirements and prioritize for maximum customer/user experience.
- Passionate. You are passionate about technology and the work you do; you always want to do your best to delight the customers, help your team, and strive for excellence.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.