To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Alliances & Channels
The Industries Solutions and Ecosystem Strategy Director is part of the Cross Industry GTM & Strategy Team. This role requires a strong point of view and supporting strategy for Salesforce Industries target industries and products as well as an understanding of the Salesforce ecosystem across SIs, Agencies, MCFs, ISVs, and the SFV portfolio. The role is a mix of influence, strategy, GTM execution, and partner engagement. As part of the global Industries team, collaboration with peers around the world to create a global ecosystem strategy is a key objective. This leader will be key in maintaining relationships with the Salesforce ecosystem and core cloud leadership as we develop, launch, and support our products and solutions into the market. The core responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate across our internal stakeholders globally; Product, Marketing, Alliances and Channels, Ventures, Sales Programs, Enablement, Advisors, IBD, and OU leaders to drive the GM model and industry strategy.
- Partner with Common Layer PM/PMM teams to effectively build cross cloud industry solutions
- Work with GMs/PMs/GTM and Marketing on priority clouds by industry
- Manage the engagement model between Industry and Core Clouds (GM/PM/PMM/GTM)
- Collaboration with ISVs and SFV for recruitment and GTM guidance for portfolio
- Aligning partners to GTM priorities by Industry
- Manage the partner engagement operating model
- Establish executive relationships with strategic SI, ISV, and SFV partners
- Partnering with Product Management and Marketing to launch new industry clouds and solutions
- Supporting key industry events by representing Salesforce as an industry expert and speaker
- Influence industry product roadmap with ecosystem solutions and products
- Establish trust and underline relevance of Salesforce with our ecosystem in our target industries
- Create compelling visions for how Salesforce can work with the ecosystem to transform our customers’ business across industries
- Develop Salesforce Industry Ecosystem plan to including target accounts, marketing strategy and programs to achieve target revenue growth
- Industry Experience: The role requires 5+ years of industry expertise
- 5+ years experience of driving digital transformation leveraging cloud based solution (SaaS)
- Be versed in industry challenges and technology trends, and have significant in-depth knowledge and experience in use of cloud technology.
- Experience networking with geographically dispersed teams with a variety of experience levels and competencies
- Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and lead a matrixed team.
- High energy, charismatic, innovative, creative individual.
- Strong ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic and data driven mindset
- Exceptional presentation skills in both small and large scale settings
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- Be an effective presenter to both large customer audiences as well as command the attention of C levels, and earn their trust through style and conversation
- Be well versed in overall industry and technology trends, and have significant in-depth knowledge and experience in use of technology; ideally with prior experience at a software company that created solutions for industries
- Proven experience and knowledge in developing value propositions that resonate with stakeholders and decision makers
- Working for collaborative and agile style in rapidly changing environment
- Help Salesforce exceed the global industry ACV target for the fiscal year
- Successful launch and adoption of industry clouds, exceeding the ACV target
- Successful launch and adoption of industry solutions
- Industry expertise working in, selling into, or consulting and implementing technology
- Managerial experience with geographically dispersed teams with a variety of experience levels and competencies
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to work across business lines
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and crafting compelling positioning
- Ability to travel ~ 50% of the time
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.