To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Business Technology blazes the trail of enterprise IT. Built on the foundation of our core values - Trust, Ohana, Innovation - we own more than the traditional IT components with a heavy focus on working closely with our business partners for amazing outcomes. Our goal is to deliver technology that is centered around our business and our collective success. We oversee technology strategy, Salesforce on Salesforce, customer and partner enablement, applications engineering, infrastructure, collaboration, enterprise operations, architecture, and program enablement. We own the world’s foremost Salesforce implementation and enable our global Ohana to do their best work by leveraging our platform.
Salesforce is looking to hire a Network Engineer responsible for activities around design and implementation of Salesforce IT networks with a focus on Network Security, automation, infrastructure-as-code, and experience with PaloAlto Networks. Qualified candidates must not only have engineering but also operational support experience. They are required to have significant networking experience, and will drive continuous improvement, and improve efficiencies and security through design and integration of industry standard and cutting-edge networking technologies. These highly available environments include hardware (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) from leading technology vendors, software, and stringent network security practices. Excellent time management skills and sharp focus of ownership and delivering quality capabilities safely into production are essential. Strong commitment to technical and operational excellence and cross-functional teamwork required. You will work with the best IT network professionals who are passionate about achieving excellence. The team culture is collaborative and fun. You have an opportunity to influence a group of talented infrastructure engineers and deliver business impacting value.
- Design and engineer for technical network projects and work alongside architects and other engineers to deliver network solutions that align with company vision and growth.
- Design, Deployment and support major components including but not limited to:
- Cisco Multi context firewalls ( Firepowers), Anyconnect VPN, Cisco ISE
- Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, Gigamon and Zscaler
- Participate in on-call rotation and support global Salesforce corporate network security devices.
- Participate in Network troubleshooting to resolve issues that are complex and chronic in nature.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for operations of security devices and practices.
- Participate and lead development and execution of network changes by following Salesforce change management processes.
- Participate in scrum and stand up activities and ceremonies.
- Strong practical knowledge with Python or other scripting languages as well as automation best practices.
- B.S. in Computer Science/EE or similar fields. M.S. preferred.
- 3+ Years experience as Network Engineer in medium to large scale enterprise.
- In depth knowledge and experience working with PaloAlto Network Firewalls, ACls, DMZs.
- Strong practical knowledge of Cisco ISE, Splunk, Cisco VPN (Anyconenct, IPSEC)
- Strong practical knowledge of Palo Alto Networks’ firewalls, i.e. PAN-OS including Panorama with PA Certification (PCNSE/PCNSA)
- Knowledge of PKI, Certificate Management, DNS
- Experience with public Cloud/ AWS infrastructure
- Working knowledge of routing protocols like OSPF and BGP.
- Excellent practical detailed knowledge of infrastructure monitoring and management best practices.
- Working knowledge of Python or other scripting languages and GitHub.
- Basic understanding of MPLS and VxLAN.
- Sound Experience with PaloAlto Firewalls, AnyConnect VPN and Cisco Firepower.
- Experience with Zscaler is plus
- Experience with network Automation, Ansible, Python and github.
- Technical certification such as CCNP Security.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.