To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Customer Success Group
About the Company
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and the world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
About the Team
The role strategy team are change managers for roles. We represent Success role personas to drive continuous improvement through the optimization of routine tasks, tools, and role adaptations so that it matches the current and future needs of our customers and our investments.
The Manager/ Sr. Manager, Success Role Strategy is a crucial position in supporting the transformation of Customer Success within Salesforce as we transition to the Customer 360 methodology (our joint Sales and CSG motion) and supporting the design of the Success 360 methodology (how Success shows up in Customer 360) by ensuring the methodologies, process, and programs are built with our role personas in mind. To be successful in this role, you will need a blend of skills including leadership, influence, business insight, communications, and project management skills.
Specifically, you will organize, lead, and facilitate cross-functional workstreams, lead multiple projects in parallel, work closely with key senior leaders to understand the impact of change to roles, help execute the strategy that makes complex change easy for our internal teams, analyze and improve how good our organization is at doing all of this, and doing it all in a systemized fashion that guides improvements in role maturity and customer success capabilities.
Key to this role is your ability to build relationships, apply critical thinking and take the initiative to drive results. You will use influence and innovation, relentless curiosity, and problem-solving to get things done.Responsibilities:
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
- Develop a unified framework for assessing competencies across roles leveraging our role maturity models
- Represent our organization on the governance council for Skills 360 (our database for capturing skills)
- Develop deep expertise of the roles we represent
- Drive analysis and leverage insights of skills 360 and maturity model competency data to validate role-specific enablement
- In partnership with the Enablement team, establish role-specific frameworks for onboarding and enablement
- Embody Salesforce values and provide exemplary leadership by helping to lead a team culture of critical thinking, creativity, innovation, experimentation, diversity, and inclusivity
- Help define the vision for the next generation of customer success strategies via Success 360
- Be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the company and coordinating with our Success 360 methodology team
- Assist in troubleshooting operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems/ processes to fix root causes
- Leverage thought leadership in Customer Success Strategy as trusted-advisors of the business
- 5+ years of experience in strategic planning, business operations, and/ or customer facing teams (e.g. Customer Success, Sales, Services, etc)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity effectively and possess strategies for continuity of work in absence of all the details
- Strategic, Quantitative, and Operational mix and mindset with strong project management skills.
- Expert presentation skills with the ability to deliver high quality executive-level presentations and storytelling via decks
- Strong Executive presence, excellent communication, and negotiation skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills: demonstrated ability to bring structure to complex problems and develop solutions
- The ability to communicate and work collaboratively with a variety of teams and personalities is essential
- Team player, passionate about making a difference
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $104,600 You may also be entitled to receive 10% bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits
- Passionate about Customer Success
- Always learning, approaches each interaction with open mind, great listener and hands-on
- Strong point of view and executive presence. Confident, but not arrogant, great storyteller
- Strong written and verbal communicator. Can present to and negotiate with people at all levels of the organization with ease and undue nervousness
- Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- Committed to equality. A team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart. Known as a talent magnet, developer, coach, and multiplier
- Trust the company’s core values
- Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.