To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
The Retail and Consumer Goods (RCG), Marketing Cloud Experts Solution Engineering (SE) team is an innovative group of professionals at the heart of the Marketing Cloud’s industry leading solutions. This talented team helps Salesforce customers develop and implement strategies to engage with consumers in new and innovative ways, modernize their digital marketing efforts, drive digital transformation and fuel marketing maturity.
Through collaboration with our customers, product & engineering teams, professional services, partners and other SE’s, we develop unique solutions that solve business problems. The Solutions Engineering world is a dynamic, ever changing environment where expertise in design, business consulting and technology is leveraged every day to drive innovation.
The Solution Engineering team sits at the intersection of Sales, Product & Engineering, Marketing, and Professional Services. This unique perspective creates an opportunity for the SE to interact with the entire customer lifecycle and stakeholders across the business. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment full of interesting challenges and opportunities to create compelling Solutions in the field of digital marketing then the Marketing Cloud SE team is for you.
- A Solution Engineer on the Marketing Cloud Experts team plays a pivotal role in aligning digital marketing strategies to Salesforce technology solutions across our customer base.
- The SE focuses on creative problem solving driven by deep curiosity and the ability to get creative with a broad array of technologies focused on use cases driven by marketers.
- Helps customers understand what is possible by demonstrating technical solutions, and integration approaches, including data flow and architectural diagram/visuals.
- Assists other SE’s by leading enablement, creating documentation and content, developing repeatable solutions, and building tools to support the broader SE efforts.
- Partners with customers, collaborates with internal team members, and engages with the C-suite to drive acceptance & adoption of Salesforce solutions.
- This Solution Engineer assumes the role of trusted technical advisor for driving customer innovation while also improving business performance. The Solutions Engineer focus is in the following areas:
- Business Problem Solving: Take ambiguous and complex business problems, define the problem, drive innovative ideas, identify the opportunity set, and recommend actionable next steps.
- Innovation Management : Present and evaluate solution options, and gain consensus among key stakeholders.
- Connect Experiences: Through software demonstrations and rapid prototyping, demonstrate how connected experiences come to life with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Industry Understanding & Experience : Retail and Consumer Goods experience is welcome, but not required. What is required is the candidate’s ability to think deeply about everyday consumer behavior and the connected consumer experience. This includes instore or online shopping, marketing, advertising, app design, mobile messaging, social media engagement, etc.
- Solutioning: Engaging with the customer, account, professional services, partners, and system integration teams to fully understand the customers needs and provide strategic solutions. Demonstrate the solution validity by delivering visionary pitches based in live product demonstrations.
- Relevant work experience in technology sales or pre-sales consulting
- Experience working with customer facing software systems as a developer, vendor, or end-user
- Native curiosity for; technology, business strategy and problem solving
- Passion for digging deep into a wide range of marketing and data technologies, both Salesforce and non-Salesforce owned, and if needed, can configure an end-to-end solution on the Salesforce platform
- Demonstrates technical competencies and developer-like capabilities with experience building or tinkering with common applications tools.
- Ability to be direct and attentive with the courage to form an opinion and the confidence to present a solution with logical justification
- Naturally Curious: Always looking to learn new technology and for ways to experiment with the new technology
- Previous experience as a Solutions Engineer or other Customer Facing Role
- Previous experience within Consumer Goods, Retail, Pharma or related industries (preferable as an SE)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms (CDP), Data Clouds, Data Lake/Warehouse, Customer Experience Platforms, Personalization Solutions, Content Recommendation Engines, Real-Time Interaction Management and/or other related systems.
- Experience developing with the following:
- MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server functionality.
- REST/SOAP API integrations, SDKs.
- The ability to understand:
- Architecture of cloud-based platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
- Star schema, data architectures and data-flows
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change within client organizations
- Past experience in organizational design consulting, process design and optimization, digital governance, and team dynamics a strong plus
- Ability to work with a broad team across multiple disciplines to help customers transform their business using the Salesforce Customer Success Platform
- Analyze, structure, and negotiate long-term technology roadmap initiatives with clients and partners
- Ability to understand, communicate and manage across the entire project/sales lifecycle
- Broad knowledge of technology trends and relevance to clients businesses
- Proven experience leading strategy and digital roadmap projects in a complex business and marketing environment
- Strong understanding of user research, user-centered design principles and online consumer behavior
- New business opportunity identification
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.Accommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.