To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
The Retail and Consumer Goods, Digital Engagement Solution Engineering (SE) team is an innovative group of professionals at the heart of the Marketing Cloud’s industry leading solutions. This talented team helps Salesforce customers develop and implement strategies to engage with consumers in new and innovative ways, modernize their digital marketing efforts, drive digital transformation and fuel marketing maturity.
Through collaboration with our customers, Salesforce product teams, professional services, partners and other Solution Engineers, we develop unique solutions to drive digital maturity. The Solutions Engineering world is a dynamic, ever changing environment where expertise in design, business consulting and technology is leveraged every day to drive innovation.
The Solution Engineering team sits at the intersection of Sales, Marketing, Professional Services and Product. This unique perspective creates an opportunity for the SE to interact with the entire customer lifecycle and stakehoders across the business. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment full of interesting challenges and opportunities to create compelling Solutions in the field of digital marketing then the Marketing Cloud SE team is the department for you.
- A Solution Engineer with the Consumer Goods (CG) Marketing Cloud team at Salesforce plays a pivotal role in aligning innovative digital marketing strategies to technology solutions within key strategic accounts in the Consumer Goods vertical and associated sub-verticals. This role focuses on partnering with clients, collaborating with internal team members, and engaging with C-level client contacts to drive consensus on multi-product technology solutions across various Salesforce marketing solutions.
- Solutions Engineers work on a wide array of assignments including business development, operations and IT strategies, as well as executive level product demonstrations. This person must assume the role of trusted advisor for driving innovative solutions forward while also improving business performance. The Solutions Engineer focus is in the following areas:
- Business Problem Solving: Take ambiguous and complex business problems and by using research and business assessment capabilities, define the problem, drive innovative ideas, define the opportunity set, and recommend actionable next steps.
- Innovation Management : Bring rigor to a client’s decision making process by presenting and evaluating solution options, and driving consensus among key stakeholders. In some instances, we help our clients develop new decision frameworks and governance processes that continue to deliver value far beyond a particular engagement.
- Connect Experiences: Demonstrate through software demos and rapid prototyping how connected experiences come to life with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. This includes the delivery of executive level software demonstrations, construction of the art of the possible future state customer journey strategies, deep customer discovery, and developing long term IT roadmaps.
- Industry Understanding & Experience : Consumer Goods experience is welcome, but not required. A candidate’s experience with and deep thinking about everyday consumer behavior, shopping for groceries, shopping online, making everyday decisions with brand conciseness, will help the SE become comfortable discussing the challenges and needs of this industry with C-Level Executives. Credibility and trust is a Salesforce core characteristic and our customers expect engagement in their language and terms with focus on their unique needs.
- Solutioning: is fundamental to the Marketing Cloud SE role. It is important to realize that a component of the responsibilities will include assisting the customer, Account Executive and Professional Services team with the discovery, analysis and ultimately the recommendation of strategic solutions for the customer by delivering visionary pitches based in live product demonstrations to validate. These Solutions will leverage the Marketing Cloud technology to address the core marketing challenges and objectives that are uniquely identified for each customer.
- Relevant work experience in technology sales or pre-sales consulting
- Experience working with consumer facing marketing software systems as a vendor or end-user
- Native curiosity for; technology, business strategy and problem solving
- Ability to be direct and intentive with the courage to form an opinion and the confidence to present a solution
- Previous experience as a Solutions Engineer or other Customer Facing Role
- Previous experience within Consumer Goods, Retail, Pharma or related industries (preferable as an SE)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change within client organizations
- Past experience in organizational design consulting, process design and optimization, digital governance, and team dynamics a strong plus
- Ability to work with a broad team across multiple disciplines to help customers transform their business using the Salesforce Customer Success Platform
- Analyze, structure, and negotiate long-term technology roadmap initiatives with clients and partners
- Ability to understand, communicate and manage across the entire project lifecycle
- Broad knowledge of technology trends and relevance to clients businesses
- Proven experience leading strategy and digital roadmap projects in a complex business and marketing environment
- Strong understanding of user research, user-centered design principles and online consumer behavior
- New business opportunity identification
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.