To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
This Lead Solution Engineering role within Salesforce would be for our Communications, Media & High Tech business unit which focuses on our large enterprise customers in this industry segment within the AMER market. This individual would work across the Salesforce platform which includes products that support sales, service, marketing, platform, collaboration, analytics, etc.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative team member, enabler of the broader solution engineering and sales teams, and eventually a develop a broad and deep understanding of the Salesforce platform. The Solution Engineering team works hard but also makes sure that we’re having fun along the way.
WHAT IS A SOLUTION ENGINEER?
Also known as a " Pre -Sales Engineer" or "Sales Consultant," the Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting product offerings and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in company’s technology infrastructure, and to remove all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
The Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting our product offerings to prospects and customers based on a customer's specific business requirements. The primary goal of our team is to use our customer service expertise to become trusted advisors and highlight how our products can solve their customer service challenges and how our products will provide a return on their investment.
You'll be expected to analyze the sales, service, marketing, platform, collaboration, and analytics needs and requirements through deep discovery, use your experience, customer success and art of the possible point of view to recommend a solution, discuss best practices to improve their business processes, and ultimately make the customer confident that a partnership with Salesforce is right for their business.
- Evangelizes the value of the Salesforce platform to customers (including C- level execs and IT) within the Communications industry
- Assess business and operations impacted by technology
- Deliver findings including key pain points, proposed solutions to meet business needs, and ROI where applicable
- Contribute to development of technical sales strategy
- Configure and demonstrate visionary solutions in a way that closely reflects each customer's business (tailored demonstrations)
- Discuss and propose solution architecture that includes cross cloud Salesforce solutions and how they integrate with the broader IT environment.
- Execute enablement activities (Webinars, Best Practices, Knowledge Share, etc.)
- Collaborate with Sales and Solution Engineering teams, Account Executives, and Product Management to deliver the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with the customer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales Solution Engineer or relatable role
- Experience in CRM is a plus
- Industry experience in Communications, Media, and/or High-Tech space is a plus
- Understanding of the broad Salesforce product suite and platform
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database and web technology
- Salesforce certifications are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Some domestic travel is required
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.