To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Alliances & Channels
The Director of Global Go-to-Market for Retail will roll into the industry GM and be responsible for localizing the Retail go-to-market strategy in specific regions around the globe — localizing engagement, solutions, content, and insights. This role requires a strong understanding and point-of-view of industry trends and an ability to develop messaging for the global Retail market. The role also engages with customers and takes new products (Industry Clouds) and solutions to market in specific regions, supporting local sales readiness, enablement, and business development.
The ideal candidate has operational experience at an enterprise software vendor, as a practitioner, or strategy consultant in Retail. It is also critical to hold a clear grasp of Salesforce's solutions and capabilities for this market and the ability to present our vision for the industry to a C-level audience.
As part of the global Industries team, partnering with key stakeholders in specific regions around the world to define local a market strategy is a key objective. This individual will collaborate with local regions to drive local GTM strategy and execution — including industry narrative, sub-vertical approach, sales play prioritization, partner engagement, and thought leadership with the sales team.
This individual will be key in maintaining relationships with regional sales in conjunction with regional Industry Business Development, Marketing, Enterprise Architecture, and Solution Engineering teams to drive a consistent global strategy — while translating global strategy to local market needs.
Establish trust and underline relevance of Salesforce in the industry by being responsible for:
- Influence development of core industry solutions and insights to offer Operating Unit teams in EMEA and around the globe
- Create industry specific go-to-market materials — such as solutions, sub-verticals, and points-of-view — for EMEA and around the globe
- Develop sub-vertical strategy and collaborate with regional GTM and Operating Units to apply to market
- Engage executives and customers at prospect Retail companies
- Support key industry events by representing Salesforce as an industry expert and speaker
- Influence industry product roadmap with industry priorities & requirements — perform detailed strategic analysis and gather industry-specific requirements from customers in EMEA and around the globe
- Partner with Product Management and Marketing to launch new industry clouds and solutions in region
- Influence marketing campaigns
- Guide the creation of industry-specific demo assets to ensure accurate and compelling story
- Build an industry-focused partner ecosystem in region
- Build and adapt competitive positioning documents in region working in partnership with competitive strategy teams and regional Operating Unit leaders
Your Impact - How you will Execute:
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with regional leadership (product, sales, enablement, marketing) to support the development of the GTM Business Plan, including target accounts (sub-verticals, sizes, and regions), marketing strategy, and programs to achieve target revenue growth
- Lead the development of messaging and positioning for customers, including industry positioning and solutions for existing Salesforce Clouds as well as industry-specific products
- Take personal responsibility for supporting the growth of revenue across the industry via strategic account engagement and operational scale in EMEA and around the globe
- Successfully bring together a virtual cross-functional team, including Industry Marketing, Sales, Sales Enablement, Field Marketing, Product, Partner and ISV teams to develop and execute the Retail Business Plan in EMEA globe
- Influence overall messaging, positioning and Salesforce presence at strategic external and internal marketing events in region
- Work with local marketing and enablement teams, guiding the content for sales training, field enablement, external messaging, and development of marketing campaigns
- Be an effective presenter to large customer audiences as well as command the attention of C-level executives, and earn their trust through expertise and relevance
- Be a thought influencer in the industry and evangelize the value of Salesforce
- Establish executive relationships with strategic SI and ISV partners
- Help Salesforce exceed the global industry ACV and AOV target for the fiscal year
- Successful launch and adoption of industry clouds, exceeding the ACV target
- Successful launch and adoption of industry solutions
- Industry Experience: The role requires 10+ years of industry expertise working in, selling into, or consulting and implementing technology for the Retail industry
- Managerial experience with geographically dispersed teams, and business units, with a variety of experience levels and competencies; exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- Well-versed in overall Retail challenges trends, and have significant knowledge and experience in use of Retail technology
- Held a role in a firm's digital transformation, through the use of technology and business process improvements
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Exceptional presentation skills in both small and large scale settings
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and crafting compelling positioning, thought leadership content, and sales assets
- Ability to travel ~ 50% of the time
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.