To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
The Office of the COO (OoCOO) is a team focused on supporting the business of the COO strategically, operationally, and administratively to accelerate Salesforce . The OoCOO drives efficiency and prioritization, enabling the COO to be more responsive and accessible to all internal and external stakeholders creating a deeper, more proactive relationship with customers, investors, and strategic partners. The OoCOO understands that the success of the COO is a reflection of their combined work, which creates an atmosphere of collaboration and shared success.Role Description:
Access to our top execs is a differentiator for Salesforce. The COO is accessible and connected to customers. The Customer Engagement Manager’s role is to wholistically own and optimize the impact the COO has with customers and pa rtners.
You’ll work closely with the field to develop and own the COO customer portfolio. You’ll be the COO’s eyes and ears as though they were focused on the strategic customer portfolio full-time, for example: reaching out when a customer has strong earnings, tracking important implementation milestones, or spotting an interesting tweet the COO can react to.
For the program to scale, you’ll design and maintain a personal CRM, creating structure and organization for relationship management.
Success will be measured by ACV and AOV influenced, depth and breadth of relationship equity (number of known C-levels), and feedback from the field as a primary customer.
Reports to the Chief of Staff.
Communication & Operational Excellence
- Prepare written summaries before every customer meeting to ensure COO has the information required to deliver a successful outcome for the customer and Salesforce.
- Ghostwrite customer email outreach as requested by the account team or required as a follow-up from customer engagement.
- Partner with the Senior Manager, Business Operations, on tools, processes, and templates used to run customer engagement operations
- Scale the COO’s communications to key customer executives with timely and relevant outreach as it aligns with the account strategy in partnership with the corporate communication team.
Sales, CSG & Alliances Collaboration
- Develop a prioritization matrix by defining segmentation and impact to Customer and Salesforce’s key priorities.
- Build and optimize the COOs strategic customer and partner portfolio on an annual and quarterly basis, working closely with sales leadership and the customer marketing programs team.
- Be the eyes & ears of the COO’s customer portfolio to manage health, strategy, growth, and mitigate the attrition risk of sponsored accounts. Design value-add moments between COO and customer and partner executives in the portfolio.
- Create key measures of influence to communicate the impact the COO is having across all customer engagements.
- Vet requests from the field and coach on executive engagement best practices
Program Scale, Process & Technology
- Own and create strong relationships with internal customers to be an effective liaison between Sales, Service, Success Teams, the COO, and the customer
- Work with teams throughout the company to align and execute on commitments the COO makes post-customer engagement
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Deliver and maintain a CRM solution, built to provide key data and lay the foundation for automation to drive efficiency and simplify collaboration with account teams.
- Standardize intake request and account knowledge process to increase team productivity
- Build transparency and accountability. Capture meeting outcomes and action items. Hold account teams accountable for post engagement.
Characteristics you should possess:
- Experienced professional with 8+ years of relevant expertise
- Clear executive communication
- Ability to drive effective and influential conversations with leadership and senior sales teams
- Proficiency in complex, enterprise-level customer relationships
- Strong consulting skills and proven results working as a Trusted Advisor to drive business value for customers
- Ability to understand customer business strategy plus customer and Salesforce account objectives
- Creative and comfortable with ambiguity, exploration, and iteration under pressure / tight deadlines
- Dynamic, empathetic, and flexible in communication and work styles depending on context and team dynamic
- Deep understanding of Salesforce: technology solutions, thought leadership, values, and culture – experience implementing and/or using Salesforce a plus
- Anticipate the team’s needs and take initiative to improve the status quo
- CURIOSITY: look to always understand how things work and look to improve
- THOUGHT LEADER: Strong point of view and executive presence. Confident, but not arrogant
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success. Focus on customer success to drive mutual growth
- OHANA: A team player
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.