To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Employee Success Group
The Director of Organizational Strategy & Design will join a team responsible for leading company-wide organizational
design, workforce planning and effectiveness tracking/reporting as we scale to 80,000+ employees. This team will work closely with our Employee Success Business Partners (ESBPs), Talent Management team, and other Employee Success functions to support data-driven organizational effectiveness and efficiency for all of Salesforce, with specific focus on supporting the business beyond Employee Success.
The director will partner with business leaders and ESBPs to develop and implement operating models and organizational vision to drive the business strategy. As a new team, the director will also be responsible for helping to build the organizational strategy and design capability in ES and developing the framework for measuring organizational health, innovation, growth and performance. The director will have the opportunity to work on diverse projects across the organization and globally. Key to this role is the ability to think strategically, build functional relationships, apply critical thinking skills and take initiative to drive results. The successful candidate must be highly collaborative and consultative, able to work closely with the most senior leaders of the business and their advisors. The director will report to the VP of Organizational Strategy and Design.
Experience & Skills
- Guide business-facing organizational evaluation & design initiatives through leader discussions, facilitated sessions and coaching
- Develop outside-in perspectives on operating and org models based on benchmarking and best practices
- Partner with business leader to develop operating model and org vision to drive business strategy
- Establish multi-year roadmap to achieve operating model & org vision
- Develop holistic approach and ensure critical components are in place to drive necessary shifts and overall effectiveness (structure, process, decision rights, talent, practices)
- Partner with ESBPs, Talent Management and Employee Engagement on implementation and change management
- Develop organizational resources and tools to enable and build ESBP org strategy & design capabilities
- Establish organizational “guardrails” and metrics to drive health, innovation and performance
- 8+ years work experience in organizational strategy, design and effectiveness with experience in consulting and large organizations preferred
- BS/BA required; MBA or advanced degree in organizational design or development preferred
- Consultative & Executive Presence: High EQ, low ego. Exceptionally strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to independently craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications with top level company executives. Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations.
- Collaboration & Influencing: Able to establish and build close working relationships. Strong personal credibility and counseling skills. Team-oriented planner and decision-maker. Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully cross-functionally. Able to creatively drive consensus. Change ambassador.
- Business Leadership: Strong, team-oriented leadership skills. Able to independently identify, frame and confront issues and make tough decisions. Strong initiative. Solid business acumen. Expertise with budgets and financial metrics.
- Problem Solving & Agility: Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions and craft high quality recommendations in a fast pace, rapid change environment. Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency
- Project and Program Management: Experience in planning, design, and implementation of complex, cross functional business initiatives. Effective in influencing and making high quality decisions and taking decisive action. Ability to work well under deadlines and juggle multiple priorities. Strong meeting management skills.
- Analytics: Strong critical thinking skills. Experience applying various methodologies or practices to assess processes, business issues and people. Ability to extract key messages from detail and translate into audience appropriate messages.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.