To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Alliances & Channels
The Alliances & Channels (A&C) M&A Integration team is seeking a Global M&A Integration Lead. Our best-in-class A&C M&A team sits on the front lines of our acquisitions and orchestrates every aspect of the acquired company’s Alliances function into Salesforce. In this role, you will lead the integration of Salesforce’s acquisitions to drive growth and realize deal value through its partner ecosystem, by activating and engaging the partners including System Integrators, Resellers, Digital Agencies and Independent Software Vendor with a goal to ensure customer success.
The successful candidate will lead acquisitions of all sizes and complexities from due diligence, to Day One planning, to integration execution. You will orchestrate growth and outcome-oriented integration programs and develop trusted advisor relationships with both the acquired and Salesforce executives. You will c ollaborate closely with the Corporate Development M&A and Go to Market (GTM) M&A integration teams to drive the acquired company A&C integration including harmonization of people, processes (e.g., partner program, partner enablement, partner engagement, partner marketing) and systems (e.g., partner community / portal). The A&C M&A team has global responsibilities and cover key Salesforce regions and markets including Americas, EMEA, LATAM and APAC.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated, action oriented and impact focused individual with a strategic and growth mindset. The individual should bring extensive M&A integration experience serving in a lead role. In addition, this individual should have relevant experience in the field of Go to Market or Alliances and Channels,
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Define the A&C M&A integration vision and strategy based on deal objectives, GTM goals, partners/customers growth targets and due diligence findings
- Lead due diligence for A&C on key acquisitions
- Engage with A&C executive leadership globally on deal uplift, partners impact, Close / Day One operating model, and internal / external communication plans.
- Own the A&C integration program. Lead a team of cross-functional A&C leaders to orchestrate impactful integration planning through execution and proactively navigate challenges as they arise.
- Lead A&C discovery sessions to understand current operating model and shape go-forward integration plans
- Collaborate with A&C M&A Systems Operational Excellence on the execution of process and systems integration activities.
- Nurture the acquired company through development of authentic, trusting working relationships & a thoughtful change management program. Serve as a positive spokesperson to address employees' integration questions and boost awareness about Salesforce culture and programs.
- Manage integration Key Performance Indicators and metrics to showcase impact of integration on partner revenue, partner capacity and partner experience. Lead executive reporting and inform regional teams across AMER, EMEA/LATAM and APAC on integration progress.
- Drive key partner-related decisions through point of view development, stakeholder engagement and deploying problem solving skills with a goal of making progress on the integration plan.
- Enhance the A&C M&A playbook with learnings from each acquisition and continue to maintain with support from broader team’s contribution on a periodic basis.
- Establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player with exceptional communication, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Ability to leverage existing tools and processes and identify opportunities to improve process and collaboratively institutionalize them.
- Conduct ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning and integration efforts.
- GTM / A&C Knowledge: Experienced in the GTM motion of a SaaS company. Understands various sales and post sales models and what is required to accelerate growth especially as it relates to the partner ecosystem.
- M&A Experience: Experience shepherding recently acquired teams into new organization and minimizing disruption a plus.
- Technology / Product Knowledge: Experienced in software products and understanding of sales and post sales cycle .
- Business Leadership Skills: Strong, team-oriented leadership skills. Able to independently identify, frame and confront issues and make tough decisions. Strong initiative. Solid business acumen. Expertise with budgets and financial metrics.
- Executive Communication Skills: High EQ, low ego. Exceptionally strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to independently craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications with top level company executives. Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations.
- Influencing and Interpersonal Skills: Able to establish and build close working relationships. Strong personal credibility and counseling skills. Team-oriented planner and decision-maker. Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment. Able to creatively drive consensus. Change ambassador.
- Project and Program Management Skills: Experience in estimation, planning, design, and implementation of complex, cross functional business and IT efforts at software companies. Effective in influencing and making high quality decisions and taking decisive action. Ability to work well under deadlines and juggle multiple priorities. Strong meeting management skills.
- Process Improvement Skills: Ability to analyze poorly defined areas and processes within a cross-functional organization. Effective in implementing new and improved processes.
- Analytics: Strong critical thinking skills. Experience applying various methodologies or practices to assess processes, business issues and people. Ability to extract key messages from detail and translate into audience appropriate messages. Strong editing skills.
- 10-15 years experience in a functional organization or past M&A experience with a management consulting firm
- Undergraduate degree. MBA a plus
- Strong G Suite skills
- Ability to quickly ramp on collaboration technologies (Smartsheets, Quip, Slack)
- Travel required (up to 20%) in a post pandemic working environment
- Salesforce.com organization and product knowledge is a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.