To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Corporate Counsel, Product Legal (Marketing Cloud ET Role)
Salesforce seeks to hire a pro-active, business-oriented, and tech-savvy attorney to serve as product counsel supporting our marketing and messaging products. You will play an important role in driving compliance policies and processes relating to product development, privacy, and data protection.
- Provide guidance to executives, engineers and product managers on issues related to new and existing services, products, and features throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Serve as a resident expert and resource on issues related to SaaS product lifecycle and data protection as these topics relate to Salesforce's marketing and messaging products and services
- Review and negotiate complex agreements with service providers and technology partners
- Provide strategic and timely client training on relevant issues and processes
- Build cross-functional relationships with business teams as well as other internal stakeholders
- Law degree and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction
- 5+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department, including experience negotiating and drafting technology agreements
- Familiar with key regulatory requirements in the SaaS space, including privacy and data protection issues
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently
- Sense of humor
- In-house experience at a technology company, with significant transactional and product counseling experience
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Familiarity with NAI and DAA Guidelines, and substantive expertise in the laws governing consumer protection and social media
- Substantive expertise in laws governing marketing and advertising law (e.g., TCPA, CAN-SPAM Act, GDPR, CCPA, E-Privacy)
- Substantive expertise in laws governing cookies and other tracking technologies
- Well-grounded knowledge of intellectual property law
- Telecommunications legal experience a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.