To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
This role will play a key role in Salesforce's Legal team working with cross-functional groups across the company and directly interfacing with Salesforce's customers on privacy and data protection-related issues in EMEA. This position will report to Salesforce’s London-based head of Privacy, EMEA and will be based in Salesforce’s offices in London. This individual will partner closely with the Privacy & Product Legal team and other teams within Legal in addition to various departments across the Company, including Security, Technology & Products, Government Affairs, Compliance, Communications, Marketing and Employee Success.
- Be a resident expert and resource on EMEA privacy and data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation and ePrivacy Directive/Regulation.
- Partner with the Commercial Legal team in customer negotiations, including supporting the drafting and negotiation of privacy related agreements.
- Work with customers, prospective customers and partners on privacy-related questions about using Salesforce services.
- Partner with members of the legal team, security team, technology team, other stakeholders and outside counsel to help ensure the company's compliance with laws, regulations and customer contracts.
- Counsel on privacy and security issues related to Salesforce’s use of vendors, marketing and sales activities, and employee matters.
- Conduct privacy assessments of business initiatives, manage privacy compliance documentation and support compliance certifications.
- Assist in developing and maintaining privacy policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing training materials and providing training to employees on privacy-related obligations.
- Work with our government affairs team to help influence EMEA privacy and data protection laws.
-Prepare content for website and other promotional privacy initiatives.
-Assist with strategic internal and external communications, including the development of talking points and slides.
- European law degree from a highly regarded school.
- At least 4 years combined experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- At least 2 years in-depth experience on European privacy and data protection issues.
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills required.
- Flexibility and understanding of the culture of a fast-paced, commercially oriented technology company.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with internal clients.
- Experience working with and influencing senior leaders.
- Familiarity with technical concepts in Web applications/cloud computing.
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Sense of humor.
- Willingness to travel.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional or BCS/ISEB Data Protection Practitioner Certificate.
- Fluency or knowledge of German language is a plus.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.