To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Commercial Engagement Lead - Job Description
Salesforce’s Digital Strategy & Design (DSD) group works directly with global leaders and top-level executives as they look to transform their organizations and their industries. In order to help these leaders solve some of their most interesting and difficult challenges, we bring together our passionate, multi-disciplinary team into a program we call Ignite —
and it represents one of the most significant investments Salesforce can make in any organization.
We use human-centered design methods alongside Salesforce’s expertise in world-class technology to help our customers turn vision into reality — and that’s where we need your help.
We’re looking for someone to join our commercial industry vertical team to lead strategic customer engagements and qualify potential work with sales leaders. The commercial team is focused on midsized high growth customers.
Here’s what that means for you as an Engagement Lead:
Experience and Skills
- You will get to actively help qualify and shape Ignite engagements, interact with Sales leadership and customer executives on their most challenging issues, work as a fluid extension of distribution on their most important pursuits.
- Opportunity to go deep as well as nurture and maintain relationships within our industries and engage a diverse group of Sales, Solutions and Industry leadership, as well as with the most senior executives at our clients
- Every engagement will be a new puzzle to solve, a new approach to design, a new team to lead
- Opportunity to help the Ignite studio team look for patterns and themes in our Ignite work that can help influence industry roadmap and thought pieces shaping future executive conversations.
- You’ll connect the dots between customer problems and opportunities on the Salesforce platform.
An ideal candidate...
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $122,500. You may also be entitled to receive incentive compensation up to 30%.
- Has a “swiss army knife” approach to problems. Creative problem solving is the heart of what we do.
- 5+ years of experience in innovation/transformation consulting or entrepreneurial work
- Can navigate and guide a team through the complexities of engagements they themselves have designed
- Comfort with senior executive engagement and cross-functional team leadership both internally and externally
- Comfort with ambiguity and navigating multiple stakeholders and their distinct needs
- Experience championing human-centered design
- Deep connections across various roles within the practice to understand strengths and experience to aid in resourcing of future projects
- Strong business acumen with knowledge of strategy, business model design, design thinking, and experimentation/agile organizations
- Exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills, plus strong facilitation skills with an ability to balance conversation in mixed groups and manage political dynamics
- Ability to balance bandwidth across multiple engagements
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.