To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity as we are growing our Central European Public Sector Sales Development teams to lead our hyper-growth region as a Director, Business Development. We seek an individual who is looking to further their career in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a focus on the UK and DACH regions.
In this role, you will take overall responsibility for inspiring, mentoring, and building teams within the regional Sales Development organization; these teams identify and create new qualified sales opportunities from outbound efforts and strategic go-to-market plays. Taking ownership of the outbound pipeline generation in the region of Central Europe, your ability to partner with senior stakeholders and the supporting functions, incl. Marketing, Sales Strategy & Programs, will define your success. You will be a critical contributor to the corporate sales strategy, providing a healthy and reliable quality pipeline to support the overall sales organization and achieve the region’s objectives.Responsibilities:
- Oversees Salesforce Public Sector South Business Development functions through a team of 3+ first-line managers with a focus on growing and evolving the organization as we scale
- Responsible for hiring, enabling, training, and growing the next Account Account Executives at Salesforce
- Coach and develop Sales Development Managers to deliver a winning team
- Drive rigorous sales development execution and oversight, ensuring accurate forecasts and total transparency
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Pipeline Programs, Sales Development, and other sales teams to develop operational strategies and execution plans for new geographies, products, and market segments
- Responsible for ownership of various aspects of the business including but not limited to: Marketing Initiatives, Enablement, Programs, Operations.
- Build and conduct executive presentations for internal presentations and for external presentations in the form of executive briefings to customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders
- Participate in EMEA wide projects to drive fast and consistent innovation and keep the organization’s processes and methodologies agile and ahead of the market
- Strives to continue with creating an engaging, high-performing, values-driven Salesforce culture.
- Accurate reporting on activity to senior sales leadership
- Actively leading and monitoring demand generation activities
- Leading initiatives to drive customer awareness and engagement
- Develop Front-line Leaders and BDRs into sales-ready candidates for future positions
- Motivate Individuals and teams to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of the process, efficiency, and productivity
- Proven experience in leading sales development leaders , preferably in CRM or enterprise applications, with a consistent proven track record of overachievement of quota expectations
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency
- Strong senior executive engagement and influencing skill
- Proven ability to create high performing teams and lead them to success
- Excellent presentation, listening skills, and executive engagement skills
- A self-starter that can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience and successful background in Sales Development Management gained in 1st line leadership roles, preferably in Technology
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and process-oriented
- Ability to own and execute on highly visible projects and initiatives that span cross-teams and across offices
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Fluent English (German or French a plus), affinity with regions mentioned
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.