Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We're a rapidly growing team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure required for our products and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more.
The orchestration group aims to build, improve, optimize and scale core infrastructure services powering Robinhood while reducing risk and improving resiliency. Furthermore, this group enables new capabilities that help teams build tools and platforms on top of infrastructure abstractions to unlock momentum, reduce risk, and help the business move fast. We are a heavy opensource first team, with multiple members in the team, contributing(code and issues) to opensource projects like Kubernetes, CoreDNS, Prometheus and other cloud native projects.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Design large scale systems within a team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the infrastructure and systems.
- Mentor and train junior engineers in the team.
- Lead organization-wide collaboration for the team.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have strong expertise on Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure domain.
- You have extensive experience and knowledge on building large scale distributed systems & infrastructure.
- You can demonstrate a history of providing firm-wide impact and self-sufficiency.
- You are a proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- You have led projects that involved organization-wide collaboration within the company.
- You have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- You are able to solve complex engineering problems that deliver results which help the team to achieve its objectives.
- You have a history of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- You have a passion in mentoring junior engineers and improving the engineering craftsmanship.
Technologies we use:
- Experience building larger technical teams from scratch.
- Experience with high-growth startups.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong open source contributions within Kubernetes.
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform and Vault.
- Python and Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.