Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We're a rapidly growing team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure required for our products and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more.
The Load & Fault team identifies and executes on opportunities to dramatically improve the health, reliability, and scalability of all engineering systems at Robinhood. The team is building the platform and underlying infrastructure capable of conducting on all of Robinhood's systems both continuous load tests at massive scale to ensure scalability and performance, as well as chaos tests to ensure sustained fault tolerance. In addition to building the platform, the team also works closely with the rest of the engineering org to accomplish these core objectives.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Design and build highly scalable systems using the latest technologies within a team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Employ a mixture of cutting edge tools, industry best practices, and engineering theory to identify and drive improvements and optimizations to all of Robinhood's systems and infrastructure.
- Lead organization-wide efforts to ensure continued scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Mentor and train junior engineers in the team.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- Expertise in chaos testing and load testing.
- Experience in designing large-scale distributed systems and building low-latency concurrent systems.
- Demonstrate a history of providing firm-wide impact and have led projects that involved organization-wide collaboration within the company.
- Have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- You are able to solve complex engineering problems that deliver results which help the team to achieve its objectives.
- You are passionate about mentoring junior engineers and improving the engineering craftsmanship.
Technologies we use:
- Intimate familiarity with Python and/or Go.
- Experience working on Kubernetes and AWS.
- Experience with any load and fault testing tools such as k6, gremlin..
- Languages: Golang and Python
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Docker, Bazel, Terraform
- Persistence & Caching: Postgres, Redis, and Memcached
- Messaging: Kafka, Celery
- Metrics: Prometheus, Cortex
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.