Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting to join our Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting team to expand our team and scale our capabilities and support the growth of the Company. The Financial Reporting team has the primary responsibility for establishing processes for future SEC filings including the quarterly and annual report on Form 10-Q and 10-K, as well as supporting other SEC filings and investor communications including 8-Ks, registration statements, proxy statements, press releases, conference call scripts and other investor materials.
We are looking for someone with a mix of large public accounting firm and industry experience, extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance, who is a great collaborator, and is passionate about delivering quality results and driving continual improvement in a dynamic, high-growth environment. This person should have hands-on experience in the quarter and year end processes for SEC reporting with strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position has high visibility to upper management and collaborates closely with other business groups. The role will report to the Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting.
This position can be located in Menlo Park, CA or remote.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Oversee and manage the preparation of SEC filings, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks (and associated XBRL requirements) to ensure that the financial statements adhere to GAAP and SEC regulations and requirements
- Provide support to business partners, including Legal, Communications, and Investor Relations, in the preparation of other filings, including the proxy statement, earnings release 8-Ks, and other filings
- Draft and maintain SEC and external reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence
- Maintain and execute proper procedures to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting
- Proactively analyze the impact of new accounting and SEC regulations to Robinhood's external financial reporting
- Partner with the Technical Accounting team to perform accounting and disclosure assessments of key transactions as they arise
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure alignment with company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues
- Experience with Workiva is strongly preferred
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of relevant work experience including both Big 4 or national accounting firm and U.S. publicly listed companies
- Excellent knowledge of the U.S. GAAP and SEC rules/regulations, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position and develop procedures for implementation
- Highly motivated and proactive with excellent project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Experience working with Workiva Wdesk
- Experience at a fintech company or high-growth startup
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.