Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We're looking for a Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting to join our growing accounting team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this position will be hands on, developing team members and shortening the close timetable. You will Interact and coordinate with colleagues in Finance & Strategy, Tax and various other departments across the Company to ensure proper accounting treatment and accurate financial results. The Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting will play a key leadership role in the Finance organization around process improvement, system implementations and optimizations, standardizing processes and mentoring the team.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Oversee the monthly close process, including maintaining the general ledger by reviewing journal entries and reconciliations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Assist executive leadership teams with special projects, research and supplemental reporting
- Review financial statement analysis and ensure meaningful explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions are documented
- Interface with the Legal, Engineering and People teams on various initiatives
- Work cross functionally to establish accounting processes for new products
- Implement process improvements and control enhancements for day-to-day activities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of total experience with escalating levels of responsibility, including people management
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process
- CPA preferred
- Industry experience
- Experience with system implementations
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).