About the team:
We're a rapidly growing team serving a highly results-oriented engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure required for our product and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more. At Robinhood, the data our customers entrust with us is equivalent to our customers' financial assets and life savings and therefore represents one of the paramount responsibilities we have to them. The safekeeping of the data storage is the responsibility of the storage team, and we seek to make it easy to set up and use reliable and validated storage systems. We don't lose our users' data...ever.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood's hardworking engineers by giving them relevant feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers.
- Add new engineers to the team by working with recruiting and engineering leads involved in hiring.
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning.
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering.
- Improve the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement.
- Collaborate with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood's processes and systems for product development
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.4+ years of people management experience.
- Experience as a technical leader for a critical system.
- Experience leading a medium to large size team of engineers and managers.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- Passionate about mentorship and growing people.
- A focus on software engineering craftsmanship such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Eagerness to learn and use new technologies and share with the team.
Technologies we use:
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or MySQLStrong
- Open source contribution
- Python, Django/DRF
- CI/CD and test automation frameworks
- Container and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)Cloud-native infrastructure (AWS, GCP)Linux internals and network configuration and protocols
- Infrastructure as Code and configuration management (Terraform, SaltStack)