Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Insights from data power most decisions at Robinhood. As a member of the growth team, you will work on statistics, machine learning and experimentations in order to accurately quantify effectiveness across our growth levers (ie paid marketing, referral and content) as well as drive efficiency in acquiring customers and generating both user and financial growth. In this role, you will be responsible for developing meaningful analytical solutions and product-ionizing scalable models to inform decisions and boost user and revenue growth.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Build production grade models on large-scale dataset to measure effectiveness across growth levers by using statistical modeling, machine learning and analytics techniques.
- Leverage models and experimentations to scientifically quantify incremental changes from marketing, referral and content efforts and answer key growth challenges such as spend optimization, user segmentation and targeting, creative optimization and content recommendation.
- Collaborate with the rest of the data team and partner marketing, product, content, design teams to build data solutions and products to drive user and revenue growth.
- Work with multi-functional teams to implement insights and analytical solutions to empower data-driven decision making.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics and engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist focusing on building data solutions and/or machine learning products.
- Experience with machine learning techniques and sophisticated analytics (e.g. regression, classification, time series, econometrics, causal inference, mathematical optimization).
- Advanced SQL skills - comfortable working with very large data sets.
- Proficiency in Python or R.
- Great communication skills and ability to democratize data through meaningful insights and solutions.
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.