Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood's legal department is seeking a Senior Counsel to join the Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement & Investigations practice group within its Legal Department. This role will be responsible for complex commercial litigation matters, regulatory enforcement matters, investigations, FINRA arbitrations and other customer litigation and related matters.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Assisting in the management of litigation matters, regulatory enforcement actions, investigations, and mediations and arbitrations
- Responding to subpoenas, civil investigative demands, and similar information requests
- Coordinating discovery, including document collection and production
- Engage and manage outside counsel to effectively and efficiently represent Robinhood
- Assist with special projects as may be assigned
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar (preferably CA), with good standing
- 5+ years of legal practice conducting regulatory and internal investigations, responding to regulatory inquiries, and managing civil litigation in state and federal courts
- Prior work experience at a top-tier law firm, in-house legal department, or government agency
- Excellent judgment and communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with technology and/or financial services companies, a plus but not required
- In-house legal experience
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.