Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We're looking to hire a Commercial Counsel to join our expanding Legal team. Robinhood is seeking an experienced, business-minded and self-motivated candidate who can help us achieve our goals by managing high-volume commercial agreement negotiations and assisting in the day to day approval process for such agreements. The successful candidate will be an engaged and resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and excellent at building strong relationships.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements between Robinhood and all types of vendors and partners
- Advising business clients from every team on relevant legal contexts, issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
- Ability to summarize and communicate legal concepts clearly and effectively
- Creating and improving agreement templates, trainings, processes, and other resources
- Ensuring contract terms and conditions are consistent with internal policies and goals
- Contributing to the improvement of the Legal department and help to provide quality legal services to the company
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Membership in at least 1 U.S State Bar (preferably CA), with good standing
- 3+ years of relevant professional legal experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Strong track record of negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements
- Enjoys problem solving and developing new processes
- Excellent judgment and verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail Proven ability to provide quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice while properly balancing risks and business reward
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and competing priorities
- Ability to manage high-volume workloads, multiple stakeholder demands and ever-shifting priorities all while instilling confidence
- Efficient, effective and well organized
- Customer service oriented
- Respectful, open, and collaborative
- Organized self-starter with a focus on excellence and entrepreneurship
- Experience related to financial institutions and/or fin-tech companies is a plus
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).