Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a skilled Senior Corporate Accountant to join our rapidly growing Accounting team. We are seeking driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities – a self-starter who can work independently but who is also a good team-player. This individual will need to be able to pick things up quickly and be able to meet deadlines with multiple tasks.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
- Compile account information and prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations
- Establish formal GL closing and other accounting process procedures
- Assist with compiling year-end external audit requests
- Research important accounting issues and suggest the best practices and applications in accordance with accounting standards
- Assist the Assistant Controller and Controller with any ad hoc research, clean-up, reporting projects
- Work with various departments to streamline data flow and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of total experience
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with system implementation (preferred)
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process (preferred)
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.