Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As the Payroll Analyst, you will help with all aspects of payroll for over 1700+ employees. You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical payroll processes. The successful candidate will be someone who is looking to contribute to a world-class payroll process and program in a rapidly growing company. This position will report to the Payroll Manager and work closely with our People team as well as the Accounting team.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Collaborate with the Payroll Team to process payroll for all salaried and hourly employees
- Create and keep all payroll, time tracking and year end process documentation current
- Data entry with regard to new hires, terms, bonuses, payroll calculations, deductions and garnishments
- Train employees and managers on the time and attendance system
- Assist with the payroll administration aspects of the company's 401K as well as annual reconciliation
- Record payroll and related journal entries and reconcile accounts as part of the month-end close process
- Maintain and reconcile payroll related GL accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Register with new states and localities as needed for payroll purposes.
- Assist with external audits by providing supporting records and documentations
- Research, resolve and respond to payroll inquiries from employees
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Maintain a useful working knowledge of company policies, procedures, government regulations and business ethics
- Run projects and process ad-hoc tasks with minimal supervision
- At least two years of experience with full payroll responsibility
- You are a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or a Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- Experience processing salaried and hourly payrolls
- Have a strong knowledge of federal and state regulations as they pertain to payroll processing
- Ability to maintain the confidential nature of the information by protecting the privacy of our employees and their records
- Ability to manage and prioritize workloads in both a team environment and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fluency in MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and GSuite (Google Docs, Gmail)
- Comfortable with change in a fast paced environment
- Be reliable and efficient and accurate with data processing and detail oriented
- Experience with meeting frequent deadlines
- You're a proactive, independent problem solver who loves to think outside the box
- A compassionate attitude towards employees and their pay, and a desire to not just help solve issues as they arise, but provide holistic answers that help increase the employee's overall financial literacy as it relates to payroll.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.