Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Market Operations team at Robinhood is responsible for traditional middle office brokerage operations. Our mission is to deliver an excellent end-customer experience and mitigate firm risk while supporting cutting-edge brokerage and financial products. We're looking for an Associate to help grow our Margin team. As a Market Operations Associate (Margin), you'll be responsible for account level risk management and operations. You'll perform essential daily duties to keep our margin business running smoothly including analyzing and resolving various types of margin calls, communicating with customers via phone or email to resolve escalated issues, reviewing risk-based alerts, testing the functionality of our margin product, and reviewing our outbound communications and educational materials. Additionally, you'll be expected to help scale our processes, tools, documentation, and workflows, and be a key member in helping us grow our team. Along with the broader Market Operations team, you'll work cross-functionally with our clearing, product, compliance, and engineering teams to improve operational efficiency and maintain our high quality standards.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Reviewing daily margin calls and executing the firms' margin sellout process
- Researching, prioritizing, and resolving margin related customer escalations
- Communicating with customers in a live support environment through email or phone support
- Mitigating firm and customer risk through intraday alert monitoring and proactively resolving account issues
- Partnering with our clearing team to drive efficiency and improve our margin offering
- Keep detailed records in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Ensure adherence to firm procedures and industry regulations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- FINRA Series 7 and Series 63
- Understanding of equities and option strategies
- Familiarity with Regulation T and Rule 4210
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Experience with retail client margin calls
- Knowledge of complex options strategies
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.