Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
As a Full Stack Engineer for the Internal Tools team, you will be leading, building and owning backend services, infrastructure and data that power our internal tools. You will also work closely with Robinhoodies across the organization to deliver high impact features. You will gain a unique look into how the US financial systems work on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge while improving productivity and ease of us for 'Hoodies across the organization.
We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges and delivering delightful experiences. You will have a high impact at a relatively small company for our user base.
Your day-to-day will involve
- Design large scalable systems within a team; architecting new features, products, and reusable user interfaces; making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Leading products from inception to launch, and own large parts of the product's execution.
- Collaborating with design, product, research and business specialists to rapidly iterate on products.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the product.
- Designing frameworks and tools that empower other developers; contribute to open source projects.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience with modern web technologies.
- A proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- Strong technical grasp and excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- Able to tackle complex engineering problems that deliver results.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions.
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms.
- Good intuition for REST API design.
- Great design intuition and user empathy.
Technologies we use
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or TypeScript/React.
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems.
- Familiarity with Figma (our Design tool).
- Proven experience building large scale systems.
- History of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- Passion for supporting power users and building developer tools.
- Python/Django, Go as the backend languages and frameworks.
- TypeScript, ESNext, React, Redux as the front-end languages and frameworks.
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store.
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer.
- Celery as our task queue using RabbitMQ.
- Bazel, Babel, Webpack as our build tools.
- Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes as our CI/CD pipeline.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.