Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As the Finance & Strategy lead for Engineering and Product, you will play a key strategic role in linking operational and business decisions with financial outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experiences in past roles influencing business leaders and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires someone who can navigate ambiguity and interdependence, juggle multiple projects end to end, and drive cross-functional projects to completion. This role has regular interaction with senior leadership at Robinhood and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This role will report directly into the Director of Finance & Strategy.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Supporting engineering and product leaders by preparing capital allocation frameworks to support investment recommendations on headcount funding and prioritization.
- Partnering with leaders and other XFN teams to ensure alignment of strategic objectives and team resourcing
- Prepare financial models and analyses to support business cases for growth, product builds, and other initiatives.
- Developing product and engineering annual plans, financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of variances.
- Synthesizing / distilling key financial and business insights for leadership - analyzing results, synthesizing business KPIs, assessing risk, and communicating timely risks & opportunities.
- Identifying and recommending process improvements and cost efficiency within the engineering and product organizations, including cloud spend.
- Monitoring and tracking engineering and product headcount by product, and devising a product-level cost attribution model for profitability reporting.
- Being a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions to support the next wave of Robinhood's growth.
- A Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, or a related field
- 8-10 years of finance experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility in investment decisioning, forecasting, and budget/expense management
- Strong project management skills and ability to execute collaboratively across complex, matrixed environments
- Ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written comms, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
- Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics, and the business judgement to balance the details while not losing sight of the big picture
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
- A positive attitude. This means a desire to work hard, be creative, stay curious, and maintain a can-do approach.
- Familiarity with analytical tools (SQL, Looker) and financial reporting software (Oracle, Planful)
- Experience working in the tech industry
- Familiarity with managing cloud and/or infrastructure spend
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.