Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for an engineering manager to lead our Product Platform team. You will be leading, building and owning the infrastructure, libraries, and developer tools which empower our frontend mobile and web engineers to build high quality products and carry them through the entire test, release, and observation lifecycle.
You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial system works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability and velocity challenges. You will have impact in a leveraged position at a relatively small company for our user base.
About our area, App Foundations
The Product Platform team is part of the App Foundations area at Robinhood, where our mission is to raise the quality bar for Robinhood's apps and set the bar for the entire financial industry. We take accountability for how Robinhood builds products that come together into a consistent high quality experience for our customers. As our company and ambition grows, it's important we provide tools, frameworks, and processes for designers and developers to achieve consistency, quality, and velocity at scale.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- You'll develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- You'll partner with peers across Engineering & Program Management to craft and evolve the team's vision, mission, and strategy.
- Improve the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement.
- You'll help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You'll help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- You have 3+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role building developer-facing infrastructure and tools.
- You have managed a multi-disciplinary front-end team including mobile and web engineers.
- You are a systems-thinker and leverage tools and abstractions that achieve more impact with less effort.
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don't shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You may have used the technologies across our front-end stack, such as Typescript, React, Node.js, Swift, Kotlin, or Python experience a plus.
- You have experience with test infrastructure, CI/CD, observability logging, mobile release management, or web infrastructure.
- You've supported additional managers
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.