About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We're continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We're looking for a motivated engineering manager to join our engineering team and help us continue to grow as quickly as we can. You will form a new and dedicated Crypto Team within the Product Engineering Team. In addition to maintaining the existing crypto product, this team will build the next set of features on our crypto roadmap.
Your daily work will involve:
Some things we consider essential for this role:
- Mentor Robinhood's experienced engineers by giving them relevant feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Add new engineers to the team by working with other recruiting and with other engineering leads involved in hiring.
- Provide high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood's processes for product development
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time software engineer
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- Experience coaching junior engineers and interns
- Technical skills and ability to architect technical solutions
- Experience in finance
- Experience with Cryptocurrency trading
- Experience with Python, Postgres, and Kafka
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We'd love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.