Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for engineering managers to join our Product Engineering team, you will be leading, building and owning backend services and infrastructure that power our core financial products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
About the area, Clearing:
Clearing presents a unique set of technical challenges: our business problems require processing data from dozens of internal and third-party sources, with SLAs dictated by market hours, and 100% correctness guarantees. Clearing covers more than a dozen business domains with complex interdependencies, regulatory, and legal requirements. Some of those requirements, such as keeping firm account balances, present bottlenecks in the problem domain, which do not lend themselves to straightforward sharding strategies. Organizationally, Clearing is divided into four domain teams, and a central infrastructure team.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- You'll develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- You'll partner with peers in Product Management & Design to craft and evolve the team's vision, mission, and strategy.
- You'll improve the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- You'll help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You'll help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- You have 3+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing or back-office products.
- Experience in and desire to work in a complex and highly-regulated back-office business domain
- Strong technical judgement and expertise with a focus on reliability, scalability, and correctness
- Strong partnership and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to quickly learn complicated business domains in a highly regulated space
- Experience managing teams that work in a highly-collaborative fashion and focus on optimizing for customer value
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience with clearing or other financial systems
- Experience with dataflow/streaming architectures, e.g. Flink
- You may have used the technologies such as Python/Django/Postgres architecture
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.