Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a Director, Technical Accounting to join our Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting team. We are looking for someone with strong technical accounting skills, who is a great collaborator, and is passionate about delivering quality results and driving continual improvement in a dynamic, high-growth environment. The role will report to the Corporate Controller and provide technical accounting guidance on complex accounting issues and transactions as well as play a key role in understanding and adopting new accounting literature.
This position can be located in Menlo Park, CA or remote.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, debated, resolved, and appropriately documented in high quality technical accounting memos
- Research new accounting guidance from the FASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company's financial statements
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, purchase price accounting and integration and preparation of filings related to acquisitions, as applicable, including the preparation of pro forma financial information
- Own equity and stock-based compensation accounting
- Work closely with external auditors to address accounting for significant transactions
- Assist in the preparation and review of Company-wide accounting and finance policies, including the revision of existing policies and creation of new policies as new accounting standards are adopted
- Play a key role in leading special projects, or partner with cross-functional teams as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; active CPA or equivalent required
- 12+ years of relevant experience in public accounting firms with extensive technical accounting experience
- Experience at a broker dealer industry, fintech company or high-growth startup, preferred
- Excellent grasp of US GAAP
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to meet project deliverables
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- An ability to work well within a team structure and effect change cross functionally
- Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and propose alternative approaches
- Experience building relationships and working directly with senior executives
- Lifelong learner who is passionate about their subject matter expertise and emerging trends
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.