Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
As part of the Customer Experience (CX) L&D team, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of learning and development programs that build world-class experiences for our customers. Specifically, you will be accountable for crafting training and educational programs related to skills training, new hire onboarding, product launches, and new process or policy implementations, among other areas for our CX associates and registered representatives using a variety of instructional methods.
In this role, you will also be responsible for building CBTs (Computer-based training) webinars, and other training programs utilizing LMS platforms. Assignments will include; needs analysis, custom course development, editing, evaluation and learning assessments. Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus solid understanding of other related fields. The ideal candidate will provide resolutions to a diverse range of sophisticated problems and will assess curriculum improvement opportunities, revise training collateral and make recommendations as necessary. Provides assessment and oversight of training efficiency and provides support and feedback to trainers as required.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhance CX team's knowledge, and skill of; new and existing programs, tools and our industry
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience's training needs
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product, to work with, design, vendor partners, and delivery team
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Provide a high-level overview of all projects throughout development
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc.)
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Minimum 2 years of instructional systems design experience on projects involving adult learning audiences
- Training development experience involving adult learners, such as in a call center and/or customer service and support environment
- Call center or customer service exposure and experience a plus
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in writing instructional content
- Shown ability to create content for a global audience
- Experience analyzing, building, and assessing curricula for asynchronous and synchronous classroom-based or virtual training environments
- Fluency with instructional systems design models and methodologies, authoring tools, and learning management systems integration
- Experience as a content developer on Instructional Systems Design projects related to adult learners
- Confirmed effectiveness with global and virtual teams
- Experience creating learning content for multicultural adult audiences
- Experience with project management and time management tools and methodologies
- Confirmed proficiency with Apple operating systems
- Proficiency with word processors and presentation software applications including G-Suite tools.
- Project management experience is a plus.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.