Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
The Crypto Operations team is passionate about delivering an excellent end-customer experience and mitigating firm risk while supporting cutting-edge crypto products. As a specialist on the risk & response desk of the Crypto Operations team, you will be responsible for the identification, evaluation, mitigation, and response to risks faced by Robinhood Crypto (RHC). You will assess and report on risks, lead incident response, and strategize risk mitigation in current processes as well as future product offerings.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Owning crypto operational risks programs, including analysis, assessment, monitoring, documentation, and escalating to the risk and operating committee and the RHC board as needed
- Working closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, de-risk, and scale Robinhood's products and systems
- Assessing potential business or product changes for risks and impact, providing input, and designing and implementing mitigation strategies and controls
- Working closely and interfacing with the other crypto operations desks, the crypto compliance team, and the enterprise risk management team to regularly and frequently take stock of current business risks and recommend or implement controls that mitigate risk
- Defining and supervising key risk indicators, risk reporting and thresholds at function and entity level
- Overseeing reactive processes like restricting accounts, reviewing at-risk accounts, and coordinating customer remediation plans
- Coordinating and helping manage audits
- Compiling risk and operating committee meeting agendas and driving discussion and focus areas
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency products and blockchain technology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years experience in operations or financial services
- Detail-oriented and long-term mentality, ability to identify and mitigate risks proactively
- A track record for assessing emerging risks and designing and program-managing mitigation tactics
- Ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Resourcefulness and agility in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- 3+ years working in a cryptocurrency or financial services company
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency operations, custody security, and cryptocurrency regulations
- Experience managing projects collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.