Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for an experienced Corporate Paralegal to support corporate governance matters, subsidiary maintenance, M&A transactions, corporate record-keeping and other legal projects. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a growing company and contribute to Robinhood's mission to democratize finance for all.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Manage corporate subsidiaries, director and officer information, corporate record keeping, transaction execution, governance policies, and compliance processes, including signatures, mailings and filings
- Assist with Board and corporate governance matters
- Assist with compliance and corporate governance matters for our international and domestic subsidiaries
- Support legal aspects of acquisitions, financings and commercial and capital market transactions, including data room management and due diligence requests, assisting with closing documents, coordinating and assisting with contract review, obtaining required signatures, assisting with post-closing integration and administration, and any other special projects
- Assist with M&A and other strategic transactions, including providing due diligence support, data room management, and preparing and organizing deal documents
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from our internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders
- Coordinate with the stock administration team to ensure proper management of equity plans
- Maintain corporate records
- Provide assistance in support of G&A functions such as finance, stock administration facilities, executive compensation, tax, treasury, people team
- Future responsibilities may include preparation of Section 16 reports and assistance with other SEC filings, as well as annual meeting preparation
- Paralegal certificate and/or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience with a law firm and/or in-house at a public company
- Exceptional professional judgment, ideally exercised in a startup environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Highest level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Reliable and collaborative team-player
- Action and results-oriented, with ability to adapt quickly to new surroundings and in a fast-paced environment
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.