Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood Securities, LLC (RHS) is Robinhood's clearing broker/dealer, and the RSH Risk Program is responsible for building and maintaining the RHS risk framework, risk tools and dashboards, and the practices needed to address exposures RHS faces. We're looking for an adept and motivated self-starter to lead a team of risk professionals to execute and mature critical functions of the program including incident response, issue management, risk assessments, and data analytics in support of risk mitigation activities and sound decision making. Partnering with RHS leadership to develop strategies to promote a risk minded culture you'll work with our clearing operations, compliance, product and engineering teams on innovative, risk-mitigating projects. Using our analytics platform, you'll lead efforts to build automated solutions to identify, measure, and monitor exposures and produce meaningful insights. This role is essential to building out the framework and risk practices that maintain a controlled environment while enabling innovation and growth.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Supervise the forecasting, planning, and day-to-day workforce management as well as mentor and develop the RHS Risk Program team
- Partner with Introducing Brokerages, Finance, Enterprise Risk, and Compliance teams to further the development of the RHS Risk Program
- Develops and administers risk management programs, conducts research and reports on most effective plans to minimize risk exposure
- Coordinate and supervise risk management activities as well as curate materials to facilitate risk assessments and risk committee meetings
- Act as liaison between process owners and Product, Data, Engineering, Vendor Management, and regulators and auditors
- Supervise the design, development, and implementation of risk analytics, dashboards, and automation for continuous risk monitoring
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, de-risk, and scale Robinhood's processes, products, and systems
- Passion for Robinhood's products and our mission to democratize finance for all
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement operational improvements
- Comfortable with ambiguity and strategic, long-term thinking; ability to identify and mitigate risks proactively
- Be a great team leader who cultivates conditions that allow for a team to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Inspire, mentor, and develop a performant team of risk analysts to achieve success and deliver best in class risk management services
- Composed under pressure, objective, and diplomatic
- Practical risk management experience in operational, technology, liquidity, and/or financial risk management disciplines
- Exposure to broker dealer operations, financial markets, and industry regulations
- 5+ years experience in Brokerage Operations and/or Risk Management; Bachelor's in finance, business, or quantitative field
- 3+ years leading and developing strong teams
- Strong management toolkit with a reputation for leaving thriving employees in your wake
- SIE, Series 7, Series 63, and Series 24 preferred
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Series 4 and Series 57 licenses
- Proficiency in data mining and analytics
- Quantitative finance skills
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.