ABOUT THE TEAM
Since 2015, Revolut has introduced over 10 million customers to a new way to handle their money. From instant spending notifications and built-in budgeting controls, to global currency exchange and stock trading, customers simply get more with Revolut.
We approach at Revolut the same way that we approach everything else. We take complex issues, and create extraordinary solutions that our customers love. From on-boarding flows to new feature presentations, our goal is to both inform and delight.
Put simply, we build things we want to use ourselves, that we’re proud to show to our friends and families.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for someone who can see what’s needed to build and keep our consumer protection practice in compliance, someone who has a burning itch to make it the best, and someone who is simply missing the means and resources to do it. If being on the ground floor of establishing a compliance department seems interesting to you, keep reading. In more boring detailed terms, we’re looking for someone who will be responsible for conducting comprehensive compliance and operational risk reviews based on federal and state regulations and departmental procedures. Be warned, this is a very hands-on role!
We’ve hired some of the most talented staff in the world, on both sides of the technology and compliance aisle, and we’re keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in. Our team is highly technical and detail-oriented, and we love to get down into the nitty-gritty to make the best possible experience.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO ACHIEVE
Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once, and meet tight deadlines
- Conduct regulatory gap analysis, and policy creation and implementation
- Read contracts with great attention to detail to participate in the vendor due diligence process
- Strong understanding of the interplay between compliance risk and business risk
- Able to communicate positively with members of various internal teams and regulators
- A multi-tasker with close attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate sound judgment
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of compliance risk management within a consultancy, compliance function or a regulator
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory requirements relating to consumer protection and a willingness and passion to develop knowledge and expertise in the other areas (e.g. modern slavery, privacy)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Developing and implementing our compliance management system, particularly in relation to delivering compliant customer outcomes, managing the training program, reviewing marketing communications and analyzing complaints. This includes developing policies and procedures and carrying out outcomes.
- Read large pieces of regulation and break down what is needed to be done and how it applies to the business model
- Working closely with global Regulatory Compliance Managers to ensure that local risk management frameworks and processes are aligned with global ones and deliver the intended outcome
- Identifying regulatory issues proactively and recommending remedies to promote compliance.
- Liaising with key internal (e.g. Legal, Risk, BSA/AML officer etc) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required
- Unique opportunity to create, assess, and implement policies from scratch!
Please note that this is a remote role to be hired within the state in:
- New York
A little about us…
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.PERKS AND BENEFITS
- You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
- Competitive salary
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Competitive vacation policy
- Flexible work hours
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.