We are seeking a Database Administrator who will join our talented team to maintain, upgrade and manage our Postgres databases.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Who you’re committed to being:
What you’ll own/what you are responsible for:
- A Maker who cares
- Dedicated to making the system function as smoothly as possible at scale
- Develop and implement corrective measures for database issues/problems found during monitoring.
You and your team will be responsible for our production system and certain key “on-prem” customers . This includes:
Experience You’ll Need:
- Manage our AWS infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Spearhead efforts in database performance tuning and optimizations
- Periodic upgrades of database system, schema, perform testing and verification of released database schema upgrades.
- Advise on changes needed to improve performance including index creation, query optimizations, schema changes, database configuration settings and storage.
- Proactive monitoring of all databases to predict and diagnose the majority of problems before they impact application performance.
- BS in CS or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience building and/or running highly-scalable Postgres database systems
- AWS - a minimum of 2 years of commercial experience, addressing urgent and time-sensitive problems on a daily basis
- Postgres - 2 years of DBA/Production service administration managing real instances
- Linux - min 2 yrs of experience with Debian (v 9) and Ubuntu (v 16 LTS)
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Service Automation - Shell scripting, CI/CD tools, JVM scripting