Sales Enablement Writer + Project ManagerPlease submit your resume + 3-4 samples of recent work by Friday 1/15. The sooner the better, as we will begin interviewing candidates as we receive applications.
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced sales enablement writer + project manager to own and drive the content creation process to sell Plaid into the enterprise. In this role, you will be responsible for working with various subject matter experts, both internal and external, to conceptualize, write, and produce sales enablement content from start to finish.
You will embed with a verticalized go-to-market team of product managers, product marketers, sales people, and designers to produce customer stories, pitch decks, and tear sheets focused on a specific industry within financial services. As the writer for your vertical, you will become an industry expert, fluent in the language of your target audience, and in the Plaid products that serve that audience.
The ideal candidate needs to have exceptional writing and editing skills. Also, they must be able to think strategically about how to create the right format of content, distributed through the right channels for their specific target audience to achieve the intended qualitative and quantitative goals.
This is a contract role with the potential to become full-time in the future. Ideally, we’d like a contractor who can dedicate 20-30 hours per week to Plaid projects, with a minimum of 20 hours per week required. Plaid pays competitive rates and offers a flexible working schedule. We’re based in San Francisco, but offer the option of staying remote long-term. For content production, our tech stack includes Google Suite, Slack, Jira, Asana, and Contentful.
Please include links to four writing samples in your application.
What Excites Us
- Strategic thinkers who know how to break down business problems/solutions to build compelling narratives
- Initiators - candidates who see opportunities, think strategically about how to produce the intended outcomes, and drive and own projects from start to finish
- A growth mindset - candidates who give, receive and act on constructive feedback
- Attention to detail - people who take deep pride in producing standout work
- Excellent writing and editing skills used to produce assets that are:
- Well structured for scannability and readability
- Concise and pleasing to read
- Maintaining a customer/audience first mindset, while producing content to drive sales and marketing outcomes
- Experience working in financial services or writing for clients in the financial services sector
- Experience writing for tech, B2B, SaaS, fintech, API companies
What Excites You
- Having a sense of ownership and agency in your work
- Developing your craft as a writer
- The strategy behind producing content that drives customer acquisition and engagement
- Collaborating with subject matter experts, product managers, marketers, and designers to produce compelling content
- Learning about new industries and products, especially in fintech and financial services
- Being a member of and contributing to a supportive, learning-focused team of writers, content strategists and marketers
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $50.00 per hour
Plaid is working fully remote during this time.
- writing: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
Hours per week:
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings