The Peloton Engineering Design Tools and Systems team provides design software, Product Data Management (PDM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Computer Aided Design (CAD) and related solutions, systems platforms and design processes to teams across multiple global sites. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Product Configuration Specialist to join our team to develop and drive continuous improvement for Bill of Materials (BOM) management, change and release management.
As an Engineering Product Configuration Specialist, you will be part of a team responsible for owning key deliverables on the BOM for Peloton's connected fitness products. Additionally, you will work across the Hardware Engineering organization to define and improve Bill of Materials processes and grow the capabilities of current systems, driving continuous improvement to meet the needs of our growing organization. We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed in a highly collaborative working environment. This role will also lead continuous improvement for engineering documentation and data processes as well as develop solutions to challenging problems.
The Engineering Product Configuration Specialist's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Engineering, Program Management, Quality, Supply Chain/Manufacturing and other supporting functions to accurately structure new products, manage BOM and document change, and ensure parts are released to the appropriate state as part of the product development process
- Interface with internal teams and external partners to efficiently manage BOMs, association of CAD and engineering deliverables to BOM, product configuration, ECN/ECR, deviations and related workflows through new product introduction (NPI)
- Partner with EPM, Engineering and Contract Manufacturer teams to support part releases and corresponding materials planning efforts for builds through the NPI phases
- Lead continuous improvement to Product Lifecycle Management processes and methods across our product lines
- Provide clear input to the project team on schedule, issues, and deliverables related to product data BOM management
These May Describe You
- BS/MS degree in Engineering, Program Management or a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in consumer products industry or related
- 5+ years of experience in PDM/PLM systems, Windchill and preferred.
- Experience in creating Engineering Bills of Materials (BOM) structure, ECO, and documentation
- Experience in working with local and international suppliers, contract manufacturers, JDM, ODM models
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of product development through NPI process
- Experience with developing and creating processes and procedures
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
"Together We Go Far" means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.