Peloton is seeking a Product Analyst to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our engagement products, with a focus on our Discovery & Content experiences. The Product Analyst will work with Product Managers and our Personalization team to better understand how users are interacting with Peloton products, and to inform and evaluate new products, features, and personalized experiences developed by the Product Team.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Own analytics within certain areas of our Discovery & Content experience, from metrics definition and data instrumentation design to ongoing reporting, deep-dive and generative research
- Collaborate with product managers and personalization engineers to lead experimentation processes: designing and measuring A/B tests that help us understand the impact of our recommendation systems on user behavior
- Develop a deep understanding of user personas, fitness routines, and browsing behaviors across all of our product experiences
- Partner with product managers, product analysts, as well as user researchers and business/brand strategists on research & development efforts related to software and hardware improvements
- Work in a lean and agile way, focusing on stakeholder desired outcomes over granular tasks and continuously assessing tradeoffs between precision and actionability
AS A BONUS:
- Have 3+ years of overall experience in an analytics capacity with a focus on problem solving and providing actionable insights; some experience conducting analysis with a product/UX focus is desirable
- Have strong technical skills when it comes to data wrangling and handling large datasets: can use SQL for data extraction (including complex joins, CTE, query optimization), and have a good understanding of Python syntax required for data cleaning and exploratory analysis (e.g. pandas, numpy)
- Have experience with A/B testing and have demonstrated experience designing and assessing experiments
- Have an understanding of statistics and data science methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions, and other machine learning techniques such as clustering)
- Have proven experience defining and owning project success metrics
- Have a passion for data storytelling via decks and dashboards and a proven ability to efficiently relay your insights to non-technical audiences and senior leadership
- Are comfortable owning your project timelines, prioritizing tasks with user and business impact in mind, assessing speed/precision tradeoffs, and proactively communicating project statuses to stakeholders and teammates
- Work well collaboratively, both in a cross-functional context - with product managers, program managers, user researchers, designers, engineers - and as a part of joint research projects with Product Analytics teammates
- Are curious: ask good questions, are always excited to learn new methods, approaches and perspectives, and are eager to investigate interesting trends in the data
- Previous experience working on a product analytics team for a B2C software or software+hardware product
- Strong understanding of event-based data collection and related technical concepts (e.g. SDK, device vs. cloud mode, schema management) and tools (e.g. Segment)
- Experience with product analytics SaaS tools (e.g. Amplitude, Mixpanel, Pendo, etc.)
- Understanding of adjacent quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques (e.g. usability testing, concept testing, market sizing etc.)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
"Together We Go Far" means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.