Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 8+ years' experience in managing IP disputes to support and protect the company's brand and product focused initiatives. The person in this role will be responsible for advising internal clients and managing outside counsel in connection with patent and trademark litigation, brand protection and licensing matters. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton's multifaceted business, including its partners, Members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Advise on strategy and matter management related to offensive and defensive IP litigation matters
- Supervise U.S. and foreign outside counsel in connection with strategy and management of all aspects of routine IP enforcement and dispute proceedings
- Draft cease and desist letters and other correspondence relating to infringement of intellectual property, and handle resolution of routine matters as the primary point of contact with adversarial parties
- Analyze and oversee, and respond to technology licensing invitations, working with other attorneys on the Legal team to assess potential impact on partner, member, or other relationships
- Work closely and cross-functionally with Brand and Product focused legal teams, providing a litigation perspective on matters being addressed to achieve their goals
- Support the objectives of internal business clients and advise on legal risks and opportunities
- 8+ years' experience in a top notch IP litigation practice, in-house experience strongly preferred
- Strong command of US and global IP conventions, systems and procedures and the ability to distill complex concepts into "plain English" for internal clients and counterparts
- Must be able to work independently with Peloton team members throughout the U.S. and globally, meeting demanding deadlines in the face of ambiguity and triage effectively, adjusting tasks frequently
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Superb planning and organizational skills and create and execute on short and long-term strategies and goals
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Member in good standing of the NY, TX or comparable State Bar
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
"Together We Go Far" means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.