ABOUT THE ROLE
Does the idea of working in a fast-paced, disruptive business excite you? Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 5+ years' experience in negotiating agreements related to direct sourcing, services, partnerships, and technology transactions to join its Product Legal Team. Be a part of a team that values innovation, collaboration and the idea of working better together. You will be responsible for advising internal clients in connection with technology, service, partnership and procurement agreements, as well as contracts and projects related to product development. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton's multifaceted business, including its partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Draft, negotiate and manage a wide array of agreements with an emphasis on hardware supply sourcing, licensing, platform, and development initiatives for Peloton's Product team, and assist with implementation support as needed.
- Develop and refine commercial agreement templates and playbooks to drive for cross-functional efficiencies.
- Partner closely with a broad set of stakeholders to develop and implement best practices and process improvements for sourcing, vendor optimization and contract management.
- Work closely with "frontline" Product Counsel to support internal clients' objectives and advise on legal risks and opportunities related to the development and launch of Peloton products.
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney drafting and negotiating complex technology agreements, direct sourcing agreements, and service agreements specifically related to technology-related businesses.
- Strong working knowledge of intellectual property laws and concepts, software licensing, global data privacy and security laws and best practices
- Project leadership and organizational skills to transform ideas into successful execution while being capable of driving complex projects across multiple groups within tight timelines.
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implications
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- JD and an active license to practice law in a US jurisdiction.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
"Together We Go Far" means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.